Skip a Payment
Did you know that on an eligible Deseret First loan you can skip a payment up to two times a year. This is a great way to get a little more room in your budget for the month.* This is especially true around the holiday season! Just think, instead of paying $300 towards your auto loan you can have that money to travel and be with family during Thanksgiving or Christmas. We at Deseret First want to help you any way we can and believe this is a service that can help when you need it!
Benefits of Skip-a-Pay:
- It’s Fast and Secure
- There are no forms, signatures, or mailing required
- You can use this feature twice a year
- Gives you more cash in your budget the months that you skip
- It takes less than 5 minutes
How to Skip-A-Payment
Don’t worry, it is quite simple and easy to do! Here are a few steps for you to follow.
- Log in to your Online Banking Account.
- Click the Skip-A-Pay widget. (Looks like the picture below.)
- Follow the prompts to let us know which loan you’re wanting to skip.
- You’re finished and have a little extra room in your budget for that month!
Steps within Online Banking
- First, select which loan payment you want to skip.
- Then the advanced due date of that payment will be shown.
- After that, you must click the button to “Proceed with Skip”
- Then you agree to the disclosure.
- Next, you choose which account you want the fee to come from.**
- Then you click the “Finish” button and you’re done! You have a month of no loan payment, therefore, freeing up your cash for other things.
- Loans must be current in order to participate
- You must be the owner on the loan
- There is a small fee** There must be enough in one of you DFCU accounts to cover the fee in order to proceed with skipping your payment.
- Your DFCU accounts cannot be overdrawn for more than 30 days
- Your DFCU accounts cannot be overdrawn more than $950
- The loan you want to skip a payment on cannot be more than 29 days delinquent
- The loan you want to skip a payment on cannot have been delinquent for a period of 60 days within the last 6 months
- The loan you want to skip cannot have a CPI in place
- The loan you want to skip must be opened for at least 120 days.
*Skipping a loan payment will extend the term of the loan and increase the total finance charge. Interest will continue to accrue at the agreed rate.
**The fee is $25 for a consumer loan (Auto Loans, RV Loans, Secured Loans, Credit Cards, Signature Loans, Overdraft Line of Credits, etc.), $50 for Mortgage loans under $50,000, and $100 for Mortgage Loans above $50,000.