One of the most important skills that children must learn is how to manage their finances. It is vitally important to teach them while they are young to set goals, spend in moderation, budget, and ultimately save. Deseret First has created the Youth Cents Savings Account to assist in helping your children develop good financial habits.
- Parents with ownership or signing rights can manage the account(s) via their online banking profile (i.e., transfer money for allowances, etc.).
- Free cash withdrawals at any CO-OP or DFCU ATM (Debit or ATM card required).
- Deseret First will match 10% on the initial deposit (maximum match of $10).
- At age 18, the account automatically converts to a Membership Savings Account.
- Make deposits at any of our 11 branches in Utah, or one of nearly 5,000 shared branch locations nationwide.
- Deposit accounts are federally insured up to $250,000.
- Membership and eligibility.
- Child must be under age 18.
- Initial deposit and minimum balance: $5.00.
- ID verification. For children under 16, a Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, or Student ID is required